We create, implement, and monitor a customized financial plan for you so your hard earned money lasts for lifetimes!
Landmark Wealth Management LLC is an independent “Fee Only” U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Registered Investment Advisor, based on Long Island in Melville, New York, with conference centers located in Hauppauge, Uniondale and Manhattan. The firm is comprised of BRIAN R. COHEN, CHRISTOPHER N. CONGEMA, CFP®, JOSEPH M. FAVORITO, CFP®, and JAMES J. MILLINGTON, CFP®. The mission of the firm is to provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management services to individuals, families, small business owners, and charitable foundations.
As a fiduciary and an independent financial advisor, we serve no one other than our clients. Due to our fee only status, we do not receive compensation via commissions, trailers, or sales charges. This structure aligns our interests with our clients’ interests, as our compensation is based upon the retention, preservation and growth of all client assets entrusted to our care.
Additionally, we do not maintain custody of client assets. All client investment portfolios are held with TD Ameritrade Institutional, a well-respected industry-leading financial institution. While we can analyze your insurance needs, we do not sell insurance products or any other proprietary investments. Our financial guidance is completely unbiased and free of the traditional conflicts of interest often found within many large Wall Street based firms.
We view each client’s circumstances as unique and address them accordingly by analyzing their entire wealth management strategy. This is accomplished by looking beyond traditional investment solutions to encompass all aspects of wealth accumulation, preservation, and transfer. We envision comprehensive financial planning to be an ongoing evolution which must constantly adapt to an ever changing dynamic environment. Let us aid you in that journey.
Why Should I Do Business With Landmark?
That’s a fair question. Landmark is not right for everybody. We tend to work best with those clients who have at least one or more of the following items:
- They do not have the time to manage their investments/finances by themselves.
- They do not have the knowledge or skill to manage their own investments/finances.
- They do not have the will or desire to manage their own investments /finances by themselves.
- They may have the time, knowledge and/or desire to do it themselves, however are concerned about how they may react when those inevitable periods of market volatility arise? How might this affect their decision-making process and they look to have an unbiased, unemotional process/strategy in place to navigate through those uncertain market conditions.
- They may have the time, knowledge, or desire to do it themselves, but are concerned about a spouse/significant other should something happen to themselves, and want to find a trusted source while they are still alive/competent to do so, rather than risking their loved one makes poor decisions after they are gone.
We do believe our experience in working for years at traditional “Discount Brokerage” firms such as Charles Schwab, Fidelity Investments, and TD Ameritrade (formerly TD Waterhouse), give us a unique perspective from having worked with and helped so many investors over the last few decades, combined with an eye on keeping costs low. We also believe our “TEAM BASED” approach, resonates well with our clients. By “TEAM BASED”, we mean that all of our clients work with the entire team, and while we do assign a “Primary” contact, you will get to know all the members of the team extremely well and accordingly we will get to know our clients very well. That differentiates us from many in our industry where many advisors often work in “silo’s”.